I like bananas. Some would say that I am bananas. They would be right a lot of the time. But anyway… I don’t remember exactly when, but sometime last year, I stumbled across the following video, which shows how to peel a banana like a monkey:
I immediately realized I had been wrecking the stem end of bananas my entire life. I might as well have been a caveman trying to smash the damn thing with a rock.
More importantly, I’d unknowingly made this avoidable blunder maybe a thousand times or more, and I never once stopped to question it.
But since watching that video, I’ve peeled every single one of them the “right” way. I evolved. It feels good to catch up with the other members of my biological order. Now if only I had a prehensile tail…
Practically efficient lessons and other monkey business
- Opportunity exists in every little regularly occurring frustration in your life.
- Many problems you have today were solved eons ago.
- The web (version 2.0) makes it easier to find wheels that have already been invented.
- Explore: question, search.
- Get better: learn, improve.
- Contribute: solve, illustrate, teach.
What unfortunate truths of your old universe have you debunked to become a higher-functioning primate?