A few weeks ago, I decided it was time. Time to move into OmniFocus. I’m not taking this lightly, and I’m going to be writing more about why I’m making this move and where I’m coming from because, well, that’s just kinda what I do on this site. But in the mean time, I thought it made sense to post what I’ve been reading from others so you can stand on their shoulders too.
I’m going to update this post as I trip across more useful OmniFocus nuggets. If you know of other articles not mentioned here, let me know in the comments or by email. I’ll add them, too.
Each item below is listed in no particular order. They’re all posted here for one simple reason: they’re really useful.
Blog posts and articles
- A Sledgehammer Called OmniFocus by Shawn Blanc
- OmniFocus Tips - The Omniscient Start Date by David Sparks
- OmniFocus Quick Tip: Using Start Dates by Ben Brooks
- iPad OmniFocus Review by David Sparks
- The OmniFocus “Switch” Button by David Sparks
- OmniFocus: Why You Don’t Need All 3 Versions by Ben Brooks
- 4 Quick OmniFocus Tips by Ben Brooks
- Added 2/9/2011: How to Use OmniFocus – Integrating Email by Kourosh Dini. Specifically, the part on linking tasks to Gmail messages using the message URL is simple and brilliant.
- Added 2/21/2011: The Psychology of OmniFocus: How to Wrap your Head Around the Finest (and Most Perplexing) GTD App on the Market by Ryan Norbauer
- Added 3/14/2011: Cleaning Out Gmail with Simplenote, Hazel, and Omnifocus by Darrel Girardier
- Added 6/1/2012: Tons of OmniFocus resources at Asian Efficiency
Screencasts, podcasts, and eye/ear things
- Omni Group’s OmniFocus tutorial videos
- OmniFocus Basics by Don McAllister
- Advanced OmniFocus & iPhone Client by Don McAllister
- Task Management Smackdown - David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss OmniFocus vs Things
- Added 2/11/2011: Tricking-out Your OmniFocus Perspectives at Macworld 2011 with Merlin Mann
- Added 2/12/2011: OmniFocus Ninja Tricks at Macworld 2011 with David Sparks
- Added 2/21/2011: Staying organised with OmniFocus by Paul Boag
- Added 4/10/2011: OmniFocus Ninja Tricks: Capture (part 1 of 3) with David Sparks
- Added 4/22/2011: OmniFocus Ninja Tricks: Processing (part 2 of 3) with David Sparks
- Added 5/24/2011: OmniFocus Ninja Tricks: The Rest (part 3 of 3) with David Sparks
Update: several folks wrote to recommend the book Creating Flow with OmniFocus and the gobs of links at UsingOmniFocus.com. If those don't keep your Instapaper Read Later folder full for a while, I don't know what will.
2/24/2011 Update: My review of Creating Flow with OmniFocus