The ear bud status quo
- Persistently tangled ear bud wires
- Wires catching on things while walking
- No battery life issue
- Nothing additional to charge
- Cheap (they’re in every drawer of your home by now)
The wireless AirPod future
- Another wire on the night stand (another battery to charge)
- No music when the battery dies
- Additional pairing step for use with Mac, iPad, etc.
- Easier to drop and lose
- More expensive to buy/replace
- Fewer tangled wire issues
- Only plug in a wire once per day instead of throughout day
- More practical to use in a car (but why?)
Conclusion: This is going to take some courage.